UW HIPHOP MILWAUKEE

___________________________________________________________

DUBS TOP 10 FRESHMAN CLASS OF 2010

Posted by isaiahDUB Thursday, December 3, 2009



So XXL does this thing every year, where they go and pick out ten rookie artists and call them the front runners for the new comers in hip hop. Neither year so far have they disappointed me, at all, well probably Lil Boosie, Plies and Ace Hood, but other than those few exceptions they're predictions have been pretty solid. Oh yeah Charles Hamilton too, but thats a story that requires some investigation.

But XXL does this issue every year and its usually out around this time, so I was wondering why it wasnt out and I eventually said fuck it and figure I'll make my own list. Now I'm a hip hop junkie, but there are artist that I don't know about, like this Donnis dude that my guy Danny is tellin me about on twitter right now, but Imma try my best and y'all gotta know that I'm basing this solely off of my opinion so, if you dont like it...... Oh well lol jk. Check It out. (
(The order means absolutely nothing)

1. Beyond Belief- He's From Rockaway, Queens and he's white, are probable the first things you'll see on any headline of him, but this dude can really spit. Not to mention that he's cosigned by super producer Kwame. check the vid. and make sure you go and pick up his album, What About Bob? available on iTunes.




2. XV- Now seeing how this is my first time posting on this blog you dont know hot ill i think this kid is. I mean he a weird, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy playin, Green Backpack wearing dude from Kansas (Sound like Im talkin bout one of them bums that made your a jerk right? I know) lol but fa real this kid can really spit. I started listening to him when he dropped Please Hold in April this year, and when i heard that i was a dedicated fan. check the vids.



3. Emilio Rojas- Yo I dont know much about this kid but got major flow. all I can say id watch these funny ass videos with him and Donnell Rawlings (From the Chappelle Show) They made these vids to lead up the his Mixtape "The Natural" and believe me, that mixtape is niccceee.









4. Frank Ramz- You might not know much about him, but I do. I follow this man on Twitter and we chop it up on the reg, he has a lot of knowledge, and a lot of bars, hes one of those dude that if you stop listening for a second youll get lost, He put out two mixtapes (that I know of) so far and both of em are super ill. Make The Road by Walking and Falling Up, he here for the long run, and Im givin him congrats on his baby girl whos coming soon! check tha vids.



5. Pac div- I mean I cnt say to much about these dudes that aint been said already.... THESE MUFUKAS R ILL.... They mixtape Church League Champions Mixtape is one of those where you just play it all the way through... they got songs you can ride to, and songs that you have to think about. The best thing about these dudes to me is the fact that they're NOTHING like the Cool Kids or Kidz in the Hall, they're finding their own lane, applaud em. check tha vid.



6. Fashawn- I don't Know this kid at all, but a lot of people keep yelling at me to put him in.. in this video i just watched he snapped tho. Check it



7. Big Sean- Its almost not even fair for me to put this dude in the Freshman class because he is signed to G.O.O.D music but shyt. He sick, he flows like hes saying "i'm better than you" and I like that about a artist when you can flow like that and then make it seem true, AWESOME! Check the vids.








8. K'naan- See K'naan is a difficult one for me to say, I love his music hes really soulfull, but I've heard so little of it that its almost like i might have only heard the good songs lol. I know he was featured on Wale's Album Attention Deficit in the song TV in the Radio and he has a song on NBA 2k10 calling waving flag which I love but other than that I know he has an album out I just dont have it yet, I will by tomorro though lol. check tha vid



9. J. Cole- If you claim to be a Hip-Hop head and u dont know who this dude is you might wanna like switch genres. Jay-Z made a hell of a call by signing this kid over the summer, you remember when Jay-Z came out with Resonable Doubt? RESEMBLANCE this dude kills every track that he is featured on and his The Warm Up mixtape is one of the best Ive heard in my life, thats enough talking from me. check the vids.









and 10 is currently undecided because there are too many people and i can't pull myself to pick one of them.

holla

hit me on twitter

0 comments

Post a Comment

PARTNERS

Students for Better Music (SBM) | WSUM 91.7 | OMAI/FIRST WAVE

    WELCOME!

    Welcome to UWHIPHOP! We are a website dedicated to showcasing, promoting, and celebrating Hip Hop and it's patrons on the University of Wisconsin campuses. Hosted by Students for Better Music (SBM)

    UWHIPHOP.COM is here to keep you posted on any and all things related to Hip Hop, student life, and community building in the interest of keeping your Itunes full of the best new student music, get you connected with other campus communities, & keeping your calendars full of concert dates and other amazing events. The site is growing with student music videos, mixtapes, albums, commentaries, reviews, rants, & publications - so click around already!

    If you are a musician/poet/dancer/artist/ etc. etc please submit yourself to our website so we can help you promote! E-mail our editor @ studentsforbettermusic@gmail.com

    If you are A UW Milwaukee program, Student org, or other organization that would like to promote community news, events and entertainment through this site, contact Ryan at uwhiphopmilwaukee@gmail.com