UW HIPHOP MILWAUKEE

___________________________________________________________

The Clipse- Til The Casket Drops

Posted by isaiahDUB Wednesday, December 9, 2009



So The Clipse dropped their 3rd project, Til The Casket Drops and I must say I am very impressed. I've never been a real big Clipse fan..... wait thats false, their first album, Lord Willin', was the shyt. Grindin' was my favorite song for like two years, but yeah on to the Album review.

The way the Album started off was fucking BEAUTIFUL. I mean I was trippin when I heard the first song for real. Freedom led off and made me believe that this project was going to be something special, and right after that jab the group came with a strong hook with their single Popular Demand featuring Camron, they got gritty in the middle with There Was a Murder and my personal favorite song Doorman, paying tribute to their soilders locked up due to snitches. The one and only smudge in this album had to come with the 8th track, Never Will It Stop. May just be me but I'm not really feeling that track, with a couple more listens to the album that just may change seeing how i'm known for changing my opinion about songs after a couple of listens *cough*Real As It Gets- Jay Z ft. Jeezy*cough*and the rest of the album went out really average to me, but because of the first 7 songs on the 13 track album I feel this is AWESOME!

There was a normal gigantic Neptunes presence on the Album, seeing how they either produced or were featured on probably 10 of the 13 tracks, but that's expected by this group, like Cam said "I keep it Neptune with the Clipse"..... thats about it, till nxt time..... ITS DUB!
hit me on twitter

0 comments

Post a Comment

PARTNERS

Students for Better Music (SBM) | WSUM 91.7 | OMAI/FIRST WAVE

    WELCOME!

    Welcome to UWHIPHOP! We are a website dedicated to showcasing, promoting, and celebrating Hip Hop and it's patrons on the University of Wisconsin campuses. Hosted by Students for Better Music (SBM)

    UWHIPHOP.COM is here to keep you posted on any and all things related to Hip Hop, student life, and community building in the interest of keeping your Itunes full of the best new student music, get you connected with other campus communities, & keeping your calendars full of concert dates and other amazing events. The site is growing with student music videos, mixtapes, albums, commentaries, reviews, rants, & publications - so click around already!

    If you are a musician/poet/dancer/artist/ etc. etc please submit yourself to our website so we can help you promote! E-mail our editor @ studentsforbettermusic@gmail.com

    If you are A UW Milwaukee program, Student org, or other organization that would like to promote community news, events and entertainment through this site, contact Ryan at uwhiphopmilwaukee@gmail.com